Get a look behind the scenes of Mailcoach, a real world Laravel application for newsletters.
Learn about the problems that we tackled and the clean code patterns that we applied.
Great insights from open source veterans SPATIE.
What you'll learn:
What is Mailcoach?Tour of the application
The building processA behind-the-scenes
Writing clear codeProven patterns in Laravel
Introduction to the Mailcoach use case and UI
Mailcoach for the end-user
- Installation using the one click installer
- Adding a subscription form
- Adding a honeypot to the subscription form
- Adding a remote subscription form
- Hooking into events
- Segmenting lists
- Subscribing to a list
- How the campaign sending process works
- How throttling works
- How click/open tracking works under the hood
- Offering configurable actions
- Using Blade X to build forms
- Using Blade X to build navigation
- Conditionally showing content
- Using filters
- Testing unsubscribes
- Testing double optins
- Testing time
Writing clear code
- Refactor if blocks to dedicated classes
- Use suffixes
- Using form requests
- Refactor complex conditionals
- Using a null object
- Using fully qualified controller names
- Static exceptions
All these videos are available in our online course environment,
where you can track your progress.
We are a true household name in the Laravel ecosystem, having produced more than 200 packages to date.
Now is the first time you can peak over our shoulders to see how we integrate all those pieces into a real world application. You'll get some practical tips to improve your code style along the way.