By hosting the Mailcoach newsletter software yourself, you can keep costs at a minimum. Learn how to set up a server with our partner DigitalOcean and you'll be sending out email campaigns in no time!
Create a new server
This new server will have the Mailcoach newsletter software and all its dependencies pre-installed. You don't need any Laravel or PHP knowledge to get started.
- Set up a 1-Click Application at DigitalOcean
- Select some options for this new droplet:
- The smallest 5$ droplet should be enough to get you started
- Choose access via SSH
- Create the droplet and pour yourself some coffee…
- Copy the resulting IP address of your new server
Head over to your DNS service of choice where you manage your domain names.
- Buy a new domain or create a subdomain
- Add an A record with the DigitialOcean droplet's IP address
SSH into the server
Complete the installation of the email marketing tool on the server.
- SSH into the server with the given IP address
- Follow the installation instructions
Now Mailcoach is up and running, try it out!
- Open up your browser and head over to your given domain
- Log in with the admin user you've set up in step 3
- Configure a delivery service of choice
- Send your first test!
Need more details? Head over to our documentation.